Jose, together with Susanne Schneider are the editors of the book Movement Disorder Genetics recently published by Springer. This has been a very well received book covering recent developments and possible pitfalls in the diagnosis of genetic movement disorders and related conditions.
It is divided into three sections: technical and scientific aspects; clinical aspects with guidance towards work-up; and ethical and legal aspects of genetic testing in a clinical and research setting.
Table of contents:
- Genetics of Mendelian Forms of Parkinson’s Disease | Lesage, Suzanne
- Genetics of Parkinson’s Disease | Hernandez, Dena G. (et al.)
- Genetics of Atypical Parkinsonism | Stamelou, Maria (et al.)
- Genetics of Dementia with Lewy Bodies | Brás, José M. Tomás
- Genetics of Frontotemporal Dementia | Heetveld, Sasja (et al.)
- Genetics of Primary Tremor Disorders | Kuhlenbäumer, Gregor
- Genetics of Dystonia | Schneider, Susanne A. (et al.)
- Genetic Choreas | Walker, Ruth H. (et al.)
- Genetics of Tourette Syndrome | Lennington, Jessica B. (et al.)
- Genetics of Paroxysmal Dyskinesia | Brockmann, Knut (et al.)
- Genetics of Dominant Ataxias | Manto, Mario (et al.)
- Genetics of Recessive Ataxias | Klebe, Stephan (et al.)
- Genetics of NBIA Disorders | Wiethoff, Sarah (et al.)
- Genetics of Metal Disorders (Excluding NBIA) | Dusek, Petr (et al.)
- Genetics of Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) | Schulte, Eva C. (et al.)
- Genetics of Hereditary Spastic Paraplegias (HSP) | Schüle, Rebecca (et al.)
- Genetics of ALS | McLaughlin, Russell Lewis (et al.)
- Genetics of Mitochondrial Disease with Focus on Movement Disorders | Finsterer, Josef (et al.)
- Genetic Testing, Interpretation of Genetic Test Reports and Genetic Counseling for Clinicians | Bennett, Robin L.
- Genetic Testing: An Industrial Perspective | Hadaschik, Dirk (et al.)
- Direct-to-Consumer DNA Genetic and Genomic Testing | Trent, Ronald J.
- Current Ethical Issues Related to the Implementation of Whole-Exome and Whole-Genome Sequencing | Borry, Pascal (et al.)
- Implications for Health and Life Insurances and Other Legal Aspects of Genetic Testing | Ngueng Feze, Ida (et al.)